It is day 3 of summer vacation, and these are some things I've come to believe as truth:
- If you awake and put on your bathing suit and cover-up, and throw your hair in a messy bun, it doesn't count that you don't make it into the shower.....whether or not you actually ever made it to the pool.
- Freezer pops are the universal currency of the neighborhood mom.
- Duvet covers are of the devil. Period.
- No matter how cute my "Summer of Fun" calendar looks, thunderstorms will wreak havoc on my plans. Must be better prepared for a day inside.
- My kids eat. All day. ALL. DAY. By 9:30, they've had breakfast, second breakfast, a snack. And then, popcorn. And yet, still zero percent body fat. Jerks.
- Laundry will be done every day. There will just be no way around it.
- Dirty feet and sunburned noses make me happy. They just do.
I'm trying my best to keep my priorities straight, keep my expectations realistic, and my body rested and hydrated. I want this summer to be the best for our family. No major vacations to stress us out, no huge projects or renovations to disrupt our home, nothing on the horizon but camp outs, pool dates, and cookouts.
What are your best tips for staying sane when the hours of a summer break day seem a little too many to fill? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Thank you so much for sharing This post. It's gretful blog I have really enjoyed keeping up with you on this blog
Los Angeles Dog Daycare
Post a Comment