This might be the last 30 x 30 post for July. I’m not sure how much Internet access I’ll have this and next week. But rest assured, I’m still plugging along on my weight loss and fitness journey. Here’s this week’s report!
Random Tips that seem to help me:
- Look for the grill marks. When I’m forced to eat out (for example, when traveling 500+ miles, and the cooler is at max capacity with breast milk and cheese sticks), simply order grilled instead of fried. Simple, I know, but I’ll admit, not a move I’ve chosen to practice in the past.
- Be accountable to my doctor. Since I’ve been released from the care of my obstetrician, it was time to find a new primary care physician. Normally, I’d stall until I “needed” one (ie – get sick first), but since I’m still on three medications (that I really want to get off of), I opted to find one now. I found a local solo practitioner that I really, really like (at the recommendation of our favorite bank teller – gotta love living in a small town!), and he was SO encouraging when I told him what I’m doing – what my goals are, and how I want to go about achieving them. It’s one thing to have a friend say “good job;” it feels even better to hear it from a health care provider.
Things I discovered:
- Flexibility really does complete the triangle of good physical fitness (along with cardiovascular and strength training). Jillian’s 30 Day Shred has done a number on my knees.
Favorite foods of the week:
- “Naked” Steak Fajita Burrito with cheese, pico de gallo, and salsa verde (“naked” meaning no tortilla, just served on cilantro lime rice)
- Dr. Pepper. No amazing revelation about how it’s not 200 calories a serving (it still is); but I splurged one day last week while at a McDonald’s playdate, and it was yummy.
- Puppy chow. Again, a splurge, but worth it.
Ways I know this is worth it, and working!:
- Having a pair of pants (three pair, actually) that are thisclose to being “I can’t wear these anymore; they are falling off me” pants, not just, “wow, these are getting loose” pants. (And these are “real” pants I’m already outgrowing – not maternity. Those are long gone!
- I’m starting to see hints of transformation where it matters most to me – my face/neck area. I mean let’s face it – my tummy may never again be what it once was – but I can ward off a double chin, and that’s just what I’m doing. I’m ready to start regularly seeing the “before” Monica-profile in the mirror.
- Another 5 lbs!!! Yes, there are three exclamation points. I’m really, really proud of myself. (as of Thursday morning…)
- Total since July 6th: 10 lbs.
- Pounds to go in Phase Two: 6 lbs. I’m two-thirds of the way there, people. Mini-goal is to be done with Phase Two by August 12.
To those of you who are utilizing My Fitness Pal along with me, or Weight Watchers, or just plain ol’ determination and self-control, I’m cheering you on!