- May 9: one year ago today, I had my maternity pictures taken, and was blissfully unaware of the drama that was going to unfold the next day, and in the days to follow. I can honestly say, it was the last day that things were "normal" for me, and I'm feeling a little melancholic at that revelation.
- Seth's independence and fearlessness is going to get him kidnapped and/or killed. It is a legitimate fear of mine in recent days. He has taken to wandering off in stores, leaving the house with no preamble, riding his bike across streets and down through the subdivision. Please, don't judge. We are working on finding a solution that doesn't involve locking him in a tower room. Lord knows, he'd just find a way to dig out/repel down/mentally transport from it, anyway.
- I'm second guessing our decision to have my tubes tied during my c-section last spring. With James' fast-approaching birthday, I'm painfully aware that my days as a mother to an infant are numbered. And it's not even that I adore the newborn baby stage; it just feels uncomfortable that I'm going back to a world of tampons and heating pads instead of pregnancy tests and prenatals.
- Tiffany sprained her ankle -- and I use the term "sprain" loosely, as we are still waiting on X-ray findings -- and I'm completely preoccupied with her discomfort. I want to just make it better, and I can't, and it is a new place to be in for me. I'm not her mom, so I don't want to hover and belittle and make her feel anything less than able to handle it herself, but man.... even moreso than when Erin had her surgery or when James has had to endure testing, etc., this is a "boo boo" that doesn't have an easy fix or a known end date.
- Jim and I are ships passing in the night, if that. I have vague recollections of kisses goodnight and goodbye, but mostly, we are exchanging texts and emails regarding all the various details of the balls we have in the air right now. I'm not sure what we can do in this particular season to reconnect and/or stay connected, but it, too, is weighing on my heart.
- I'm feeling very restless when it comes to all things Duncan related this year. I don't know what to do/what I want to do to honor his birthday/homegoing. I know I don't want to ignore it, but I don't know how to approach it, either. I hate so very much not being near his tree. So much so that I'm seriously thinking maybe we need to discuss burying his urn and getting a marker....? I don't know. I'm really sad that I don't have a "place" to go here in Ohio that feels like "his."
- Random projects and "wants" around our house have me feeling impatient. I want to fence the backyard, power sand and repaint the front bench, update the chest in the kitchen, make a Lego table to Seth, do something with the builder grade mirror we removed from the upstairs bath, hang the magazine holder in the master bathroom, get our office clutter under control.
- I'm disappointed that I'm taking the time to blog tonight, but not "write," because I'm at that "I don't know where to start" point, and so I'm just throwing words on the screen in an attempt to clear my head.
- Speaking of clearheadedness.....I haven't had it in a while. So fuzzy. Everything has been so fuzzy now for a few months, and I don't know if it is just sleep deprivation, the diet change, or what.
- I had dreams about killer tornadoes, unmanned garage sales, and premature births last night. Have no clue where those came from, and don't have the mental reserves to spend to figure it out. Actually, just typing that out gives me some insight, and not in a good way. The mind is an amazing thing, but man, sometimes, it's just too powerful for my liking.
- I learned the definition of the word altruistic this week.
- I felt like a complete yuppie (yuppy?) when I designed and ordered "mommy cards" earlier today, but (a) Tiffany said they're cute, so there's that, and (b) I'm quickly entering a realm of existence when, apparently, these type of things are necessary. Oy.
- I owe a friend some editorial input on her professional bio. I need to do it. I want to do it. But, man, I just want to sleep. Or watch the 5 DVR'ed episodes of Glee that are waiting downstairs.
- I've been thrilled to learn that the Giant Eagle generic brand of Cap'n Crunch is gluten free.
- I baked three batches of brownies for James' birthday party today, and have washed my hands countless times, and now they feel all dry and yucky. Anybody have a recommendation for a good hand cream?
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Random mid-May word vomit
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I could write a blog of random thoughts and make it as interesting as yours...
So, a year ago today, the fit hit the shan? /: I love you. You are such a good momma to Duncan. To all of your kiddos. I wish his tree could be here. And try not to worry about me, and I'll try to help you by putting my stubbornness aside and "be good" about my ankle. I know you know, but I'm here for you however I can be. You're awesome! I wanna be like you when I grow up! :D
Post a Comment