We are wonderfully close to the I-can-count-on-two-hands number of days until we are Ohio bound, so I’m doing my best to plan our days and our meals to the best advantage in the next two weeks. I think I’ve done it;
- Sweet and Sour Pork with pineapple and pepper stir fry over rice (left over meat from Mother’s Day pork shoulder)
- Smoked sausage and mexican rice bake
- Maple dijon pork loin (yep, leftover from Mother’s Day, again) with roasted apple and onion stuffing
- Steak and veggie kabobs on the grill
- FREE PASS meal due to small group cookout: taking crockpot baked beans
- Pasta with red sauce and Italian sausage with garlic bread
- Whatever is leftover in the fridge
- Quick, easy, hot-and-ready Little Ceasar’s Pizza and Crazy Bread for load-the-car night
So, next Tuesday is the only day that I’m unclear about. But if our monthly girls’ night out happens this Thursday, then calzones get bumped to next week, and I’m home free!
Although I love to cook and try new recipes, I find myself dreading meal planning. Until I actually do it, and then I remember how much easier my days go when I know what needs to come together to get dinner on the table.
Yea, me, and YEA for getting to say “NEXT WEEK we are headed to Greema’s house!!!!”
Greema is waiting.
yum! we will get to be in Ohio the last week of June - visiting my bro-in-law and his family! so glad vacay time with Greema is coming soon for you guys :)
Just remember, I am on duty 24/7 while you are here. So I need to know Erin's schedule. This is your time to rest and do what ever you want (with out the kids). Counting the days.
I CANNOT WAITTTT!!!!
I think Greema was talking to you & me when she said she was on duty 24/7. Seems right.
Post a Comment