Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Never-ending nursery progress

So, the dresser. As I've mentioned before, this dresser is a built-in in the smallest of our three bedrooms. It would have made a perfect changing station as well, if it were just a bit shorter, but alas....the most frustrating thing about that "impossibility" is knowing that there is wasted space at the bottom, as the section closest to the floor is not a drawer, but just hollow space. But I digress.

I knew that I did not want to strip (to its original finish) nor paint over the dresser, so I began making plans to upholster the drawer fronts in fabric that matched the crib sheets. Call me chicken, call me lazy, but the more I thought about it, the more intimidated I got. So, when a recent trip to Meijer uncovered an adorably patterned contact paper (for $6!), I knew I had to try this first.

The pictures aren't the best, as plaids never show up well in a photo, but you get the gist. It's a wide plaid in two shades of blue and a shade of green. Jim just came home for lunch and gave it his stamp of approval (which means only one of us is going "hmm...I just don't know." With that said, I'm open to opinions and comments (be nice, though, please!)

And I promise, I think the only other nursery progress pictures you'll have to endure are once the curtains are up; the chair and ottoman delivered; and pictures and knicknacks are hung. Thanks for indulging my excitement!




2 comments:

Diana said...

I think it looks adorable!!! Good job handy girl!

Tana said...

Keep up the good work.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin