Wednesday, April 28, 2010

36w Update

How far along: 36w1d.

Total weight gain: Holding steady for the last week.  I was down a pound on Thursday, but back up on Monday.  Whatever.  I’m over it.  Being off the one BP med has caused a significant fluid retention, and I’m done stressing over the number on the scale.

General disposition:  I was really, really disappointed over the weekend, when I knew that the date we’d been aiming for – April 26 – would come and go without Baby Girl making her arrival.  But now that I’ve come to terms with the fact that she will be born in May, I’m fine with it.  Her safety has been, and continues to be, my ultimate concern, and if her lungs aren’t ready, we’ll just wait until they are.
Sleep:  It’s been great.  The weather has been a little wonky around middle Tennessee lately, so a nightly cocktail of Benadryl and half an Ambein has brought sweet sleep. 

Best moment this week:

:  For the last two weeks, she had been in the vertex (head down) position, so her movement is less than it had been.  However, she tends to keep in one particular position, and her feet are constantly up in the right side of my ribs.  Considering that it doesn’t matter if she is breech or not, I’d actually like her to flip back over.  The kicks were more frequent, but I was much more comfortable.  

Labor Signs/Body Changes of Note:  Dr. M performed an internal at my appointment last Thursday, and noted that I was about 80% effaced.  I’m not dilated at all yet, but my body does seem to be taking the proper steps to get things in motion.  Hopefully, everything will remain stable until we can operate. 

What I miss : Playing with Seth.  I’m really, really uncomfortable now, and even the simplest movements tax me. 

What I am looking forward to:
Meeting her…spending time together as a family…being able to sleep on my tummy. =)

Does she have a set birthday:  Set?  Eh, that’s relative.  I am having a repeat amnio on Thursday.   If her lungs are ready – even transitionally ready – we will proceed with a c-section on Monday.  If they aren’t ready….I’m not sure how much longer we will stall.

Does she have a name yet: Possibly.  Jim seems to have settled on a name, and I’m allowing him final say.  However, he hasn’t shared his name of choice with me, so now, I’m waiting, just like the rest of you.

Are we ready: Absolutely, unequivocally, overwhelmingly YES!


Cindi said...

I've been catching up (again!) - life just pulls me away from my computer!

So excited your baby girl is about to join you, OUT OF the womb! My past life as an R.N. in NICU tell me her lungs just might be ready.....

Sara said...

I'm so proud of you, Monica. You have handled this pregnancy wonderfully & continue to do so. Keep up the great work, Mama! I can't wait to call her by her name & hold that precious bundle. Love you!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I am so ready, too!! YAY!!!

Kelly said...

Tell Jim I can hardly stand the suspense!!! Between him and the name and your doctors and her lungs...this is the biggest cliffhanger ever!!!
(((hugs))) and thoughts and prayers for great news after tomorrow's amnio!!

Jessica said...

you're a brave woman, monica. for many reasons, but for letting jim pick the name. :)