Erin, my love, you are already one month old.
Everyone tells you that time moves forward more quickly with each passing day, the older one gets. If I didn’t believe that before you arrived, I do now.
I’m trying so hard to treasure each moment of your newborn days. The way you try so hard to focus on my face while you are eating; the flailing movements of your arms as you practice coordination; the way you still try to revert to the fetal position when your diaper needs changing.
At one month of age:
- You are eating 3 oz of breast milk about every 3.5-4 hours
- You wear newborn diapers (and mommy has learned the hard way that Pampers Swadlers are worth the extra pennies).
- You are still in preemie sleepers, but can wear newborn onesies without looking too ridiculous.
- You can sleep for up to a 5 hour stretch, though you still tend to do this more during the day than during the overnight hours.
- Your eyes are still deep blue; your hair, shades lighter than your brother’s (though it’s hard to tell in photos).
- You look so much like your daddy I can hardly stand it; it makes me so happy!
- You’re not a very big fan of your car seat. While I can’t say I wouldn’t wish that you were, given how often we travel, I can understand your position, and I promise to do my best to accommodate you.
I think I have found my nickname for you – the one that seems to roll most naturally off my tongue. Lady-Lou. I have no idea where it originated, or how I came up with it, but in the wee hours of the morning, as we rock, or as I try to console your cries from the drivers’ seat, that is the name I interchange with yours as I whisper lullabies and tell you of my dreams for you.
Erin, I’ll tell you as you grow older that I was so afraid of birthing a girl. I was so fearful of the mother-daughter relationship that I was sure to mess up. But now, here you are, and my heart has become so full of you. If I love you so much after only 31 days, I can’t imagine the love I’ll have for you after 31 weeks; months; years.
You are my shining star; I love you.
Love you girls so much! It was a great day, spending Erin's one month birthday together! She's a sweetheart and so lovely, just like her mommy (although I agree that she looks like her Daddy's baby pics that you showed me!) :) See you soon!
Awwww! She's so cute and I love your little letter to her. Girls are so much fun.
I told you that you were the best mommy for her. ;) Love it! Great pics!
She is so precious. I am still changing Kellen's nickname as the fancy strikes.
Happy 1 month!! :)
So beautiful, Mon. Happy One Month sweet Erin!
Our precious girl. She looks like she could be an Anne Geddes picture.
I haven't commented in a long time, although I'm faithful to your blog, it's like a great book with no ending...I love that. I just wanted to say now that Erin is a healthy GEORGOUS 1 month old how happy I am that prayers were answered. She's perfect. It may seem strange to pray for someone yoiu haven't actually met or spoke to, but through your blog, I feel like I'm a part of it...so my prayers for your family, and your health will continue. Congratualtions to you and hubby and big brother Seth! Carrie in Alabama
Post a Comment