But in other more accurate new, we DID buy a house.
After looking at more than 20 homes last Saturday and Sunday, we were blessed to view a property in a city that we'd foregone looking at because of the average cost of homes. More attainable than they would ever be up here, but still out of our price range. But due to some divine circumstances, we were able to place an offer on a beautiful home in a great new subdivision, and our offer was accepted less than 12 hours later!
Isn't it beautiful?
- PRIVACY! We're in a great neighborhood, but we are on a creek (crick?) fronted, wooded lot that backs up to a hill. There is NOBODY behind us, and there never will be
- Second floor laundry room (more than fair trade for the loss of my dual laundry shoot)
- Double vanities and garden tub in master bathroom
- HUGE closets
- Large deck with a baby gate already installed
- A flagpole! I just think that is SO cool!
- Gas fireplace in living room (wasn't a must, but it was on the wish list)
- Attached 2-car garage (I'm pretty sure this will be used for the cars, too! What a novel idea!)
Yes, we still need to sell our house in Ohio, but we feel very confident that it will go, even in this market. We see now, even more than we did in 2006, how blessed we were to get such a great deal on our current house. We'll be able to keep the price comparable with the houses up for sale in our neighborhood, and still not lose any money. But still...we would still appreciate it if you would pray that the house moves quickly!
I had intended to write more this morning, but my heart is still heavy for Stacy and Spencer, and details about our move just seem a little trivial right now. But I know that several of you were waiting for news of the house hunting trip, so...there you go!
PS -- Plans will be to close in early to mid-November, and do a major "stuff, not people" move the week of Thanksgiving. We think we have the perfect timetable all mapped out.....but who know how that will play out in reality!? =)
Thanks for stopping by, and I'd love to hear what you think about our new home!