Here are the things I am thankful for from Sunday, in no particular order:
- that our annual trip to Jerry and Nikki's was altered; I would have been in the car, 2 hours from home, when I started hemorrhaging
- that I have such a wonderful obgyn. Dr. G rushed to my side to perform surgery, even though he had the flu. He hugged me, told me I was one of his girls, and that he'd make it all better. Platitude of course, but so nice to hear in the moment.
- that my dad was over for dinner when I started bleeding and knew enough to rush me to the ER
- that my in-laws had to "just stop by," and that they were there for us to leave Seth with
- that Jim returned back home safely and in time for my surgery, as he was out of town when the hemorrhaging began
- for my friend Daina -- she has been through this hell and back multiple times, and she has been a great source of comfort.
- that there was a girlfriend only 15 minutes away who was available to hold my hand; she helped me through my first lost, and sadly, through these losses, too.
- that the pregnancy was not ectopic. I know that an ectopic could have had more devastating results.
- that my ER tech was able to start my IV with no issues. I HATE getting IVs.
Today, I am sad. Heartbroken. But I am also thankful.