Okay, from what I gather, the gist of this whole blog-community tagging thing is for me to write a post, detailing six random things about me. (I'm in turn, then, supposed to go "tag" other people....but I think I'll let the insanity peter out with me....I know; I'm a party pooper.)
1. I hate white condiments. Seriously. Like, all of them. I don't eat mayonnaise, cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, whipped cream.....I will cook with the aforementioned, but if you offer me a BLT with mayo or a bagel with Philadelphia spread, I'm handing it back. People who know this think it's all in my head, but I really don't like the taste. It's probably why I don't eat pasta salads, potato salads, and most "dips." You may think I'm missing out; maybe I am. But think of all the calories I'm sparing myself.
2. It makes me sad that Jim doesn't wear his contacts more. =( He has the most gorgeous blue eyes, and I rarely get to see then sans spectacles. I know he hates to put his contacts in, so I don't often push the issue. We have discussed lasik surgery, and that may happen, when we have an extra couple grand sitting around (hah!), but in the meantime....Don't get me wrong; I love my husband, not matter what he looks like. (Hey, if he "tolerates" my stretch marks and bed head, I can deal with his sexy wire rims!)
3. I sometimes get my chocolate fix from eating directly from the bag of Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips....it's awful. As soon as I've needed to open the bag for a legitimate baking task....it's all over. I'm embarrassed. Shame on me.
4. I have the best memory of anyone I know. I don't say this to brag. I don't. I just think it's one of the things about me that makes me, me. It can be a hindrance, though, when I'm tempted to use my powers for evil instead of good, so to speak. For example, I can recall, almost word for word, whole conversations from months ago; this can be bad, especially if I am trying not to "keep score." And if I can recall something, and say, for example, Jim can't, it can lead me to coming across as a stubborn know-it-all. And I hate that. I hope that my memory never goes, though. Even when I'm old and decrepit, I hope to have my memories to keep me company.
5. I think about my ex-es more than I think is normal. And the only reason I feel at liberty to "confess" that here (knowing my husband and his whole family read this blog) is because it is innocent "thinking." I attribute it to the memory thing. There are just so many trigger points. I can't hear about a breaking news story in Kentucky and not think of Nathan. Or listed to certain of my favorite CDs and not think of Daniel. Big dogs always make me think of Mark, even though I never got to meet his dog Klondike....I dunno. Maybe that's fallout from dating too much. It's not really something I overanalyze a lot.
Okay, moving on.....
6. I absolutely hate confrontation. Maybe more than anything in the world. It's awful; I'm bad at it; and I wish I never had to encounter it. It's what I think I'll hate most about becoming a parent. I'm too hormonal at the moment to expound on this point, so I won't try.
So, there. Six random things about me. The end. =)