But because today is a BIG DEAL for her, I'm going to write this post if it's the last thing I do. I have been attempting to write it for hours, but, well....LIFE....but it matters, so here we go.
Daina, in honor of reaching 27 weeks/your third trimester, here are 27 reasons why I love you and that I'm glad we're friends (the list is in no way comprehensive and in NO particular order, lest you get a complex!):
- You're a redhead.
- You spent $3,000 on your wedding dress.
- You have amazing scrapbooks.
- You're brave enough to paint ridiculously bold (and I mean that in a good way) colors in your home.
- You don't swear often or "too" badly, but you can deliver the perfectly-timed curse when the situation warrants.
- You can relate, in ways I would never have imagined, to the drama-with-a-capital-D in my family.
- You know who Margaret George is.
- You actually have read one of her books!
- You are a Starbucks fan.
- You are a miscarriage SURVIVOR. (Between the two of us, we've lost 7 babies in 24 months.)
- You like the same movies I like.
- You're crafty.
- You are a fabulous hostess.
- You are honest.
- You are loyal.
- You let me do a LOT of talking.
- You cried for my babies as much as anyone.
- You faithfully read my blog.
- You love Cameron.
- You're a mom-of-a-boy (well, two), too!
- You are a ballerina.
- You have been to Europe.
- You will go back.
- You have so many interesting "chapters" to your first 30 years.
- You stand up for yourself.
- You are healthy.
- You saw something in me on the MC board, and said, "hey, let's be friends."
And we are (friends), and I love you for it. Happy 27, my dear. Home stretch!