If you're familiar with country music, you probably got the gist of my post title; if you're not, you just think I'm shallow now. ;)
I was all set to have a bunch of witty, informative, thought-provoking posts drafted to auto post while I was on vacation.
Yeah. Not gonna happen.
So, sorry, guys. Those of you still faithfully reading, your stuck with a meme. I'll try to post at least once from Florida to spare you from looking at this for the nest week and a half. But no promises.
50 Things You Possibly Didn't Know About Me
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? the sweater I kept on the back of my chair at work; extra paper plates for Seth's party; an umbrella stroller; personnel files from work; and a car set base
2. What's your favorite curse word?I don't curse, but sometimes words I don't use creep into my head.
3. Name 3 people who made you smile today? Seth, my mother-in-law, and my grandpa
4. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? getting off the turnpike on the way to my grandparents house.
5. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? dropping my car off at the body shop. Had a little fender bender with the back of Dad's Edge; he wasn't all that used to me being in the driveway behind him. Oops.
6. What will you be doing 3 hours from now? sleeping
7. Have you ever been to a strip club? Nope
8. What is the last thing you said aloud? "good night"
9. What is the best ice cream flavor? Chocolate Raspberry Truffle from Handel's
10. What was the last thing you had to drink? Hazelnut decaf coffee with sugar and French Vanilla creamer. Mmm.
11. What are you wearing right now? funky aqua pajama bottoms and a tank top
12. What was the last thing you ate? A peanut butter buckeye
13. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Not for me, but I bought some tee shirts for Seth
14. When was the last time you ran? Holy cow...I have no idea.
15. What's the last sporting event you watched? Steelers vs. Cowboys, last Sunday
16. Who is the last person you emailed? my (sniff, sniff) former supervisor, Kim
17. Ever go camping? Yep, last time was in California in 2004; I can't wait to do it as a family soon
18. Do you have a tan? No, it's December. But maybe I'll work on that in Florida.
19. Do you drink your soda from a straw? Only at fast food places; otherwise I have no objections to a can.
20 What did your last IM say? It was probably a Facebook instant message with Jerry about....well, whatever it was we were talking about after he said, "I didn't know you could IM on Facebook."
21. Are you someone's best friend? Yes.
22. Flying to Florida with Seth. Lord, help me!
23. Where is your mom right now? I'm guessing she's asleep.
24. Look to your left, what do you see? my bathroom floor with the rug flipped up from Seth's bath
25. What color is your watch? Sterling sliver, or black leather, depending on the day
26. What do you think of when you think of Australia? Nicole Kidman and Russel Crowe.
27. Would you consider plastic surgery? Nah
28. What is your birthstone? sapphire
29. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive-thru? usually in
30. How many kids do you want?4
31. Do you have a dog? not yet; waiting for the right time to get a Boston terrier
32. Last person you talked to on the phone? Jim
33. Have you met anyone famous? No one I think other people would consider famous
34. Any plans today? Waiting to transfer clothes from the washer to dryer and need to pick out jewelry to take on vacation. Exciting stuff, I know; you can hardly contain yourself!
35. How many states have you lived in? Three: Ohio, Florida, Tennessee.
36. Ever go to college? Yep; undergrad and graduate school.
37. Where are you right now? on the floor outside my bedroom at my parents house
38. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? post miscarriage weight that seems to be multiplying daily. Seriously, I'm tempted to ask Dr. G is he is SURE he got everything out. =(
39. Last song listened to? It was something Steven Curtis Chapman on Dad's satellite radio
40. Are you allergic to anything? shellfish, sulfa drugs, and Imitrex
41. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? black boots
42. Are you jealous of anyone? of course; isn't everyone? Seriously? If we were being honest? Doesn't everyone battle envy? Okay, maybe it's just me; but the answer is still yes.
43. Is anyone jealous of you? I doubt it!
44. What time is it? 10:33 PM I thought this meme was supposed to be about ME?
45. Do any of your friends have children? yes, most of them at this point.
46. Do you eat healthy? Not healthy enough. That's a major goal for 2009.
47. What do you usually do during the day? well, up until earlier this week, it was insurance related; as of next week, it's mommy-ing full time. I'm not sure what that really entails yet!
48. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? If not "hello," then "hi," or "hey."
49. How did you get your scars? Rusty tire cover on a bike (left hand); hernia surgery; chicken pox (forehead); slipping and sliding under a dishwasher (ankle); mole removal (shoulder and hip), and C-section.
50. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 29. No, really. 29. =)
originally written on Wednesday, December 17, 2008