Ugh. I don’t like this one. I can do lists of interesting things about my friends. I did that for Daina when she hit the third trimester with her twins. But to come up with 30 things that I think are interesting about myself….?
Wouldn’t it be more fun if I could get 30 people to leave a comment with something they think is interesting about me? I like that approach better!
But, in the sake of accountability to the series, here we go.
- I don’t eat white condiments like mayo, sour cream, or cream cheese.
- I’ve never had a drink of anything alcoholic.
- The only two movies we owned when I was growing up were The Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins, both recorded onto VHS tape off of network television
- I was a pre-med major when I started college, and hated every minute of it until I changed my major to English.
- I’m a really, really bad tipper. And I know it, and I’m not proud of it, but I just am.
- I can’t drive a manual transmission.
- I should have been valedictorian of my graduating class, but I attended a private school, and there was drama over the fact that I’d only been at the school for two years, as opposed to the person who I’d “beat out” for top spot (who had been at the school since kindergarten), so a new “stipulation” was created, and, well….let’s just say it’s a good thing I already had another scholarship coming to me….
- I love to cook, but I hate to bake.
- I wanted Seth to be a boy, and he was. I was sure Duncan was a girl, and he wasn’t. I wanted Erin to be a girl, but was sure she was a boy. And if I ever were to be pregnant again, I (as of right this minute in this current mood) would want to have another boy.
- Jim and I have rental properties back in Ohio, and actually have 10 “homes” including the one we live in here in Tennessee
- Sometimes I really wish we’d gone with Paisley for Erin’s middle name. Maybe someday I’ll explain why. On that note, I’ve never, ever, ever questioned Seth’s name, even for a second.
- I’d rather curl up with a good book and a good latte than do just about anything else.
- I have a pretty healthy fear of water, mainly large natural bodies like the Great Lakes or the oceans.
- I’m a horrible housekeeper. My house is almost always super-tidy, but it could almost always benefit from a good, deep cleaning.
- I was late in coming into the Twilight hype, but really loved the books. The movies, on the other hand…..meh. Take ‘em or leave ‘em. I’m not a huge Kristen whats-her-name fan. And on that note, I was more current in reading The Hunger Games trilogy, and I’m gonna be royally disappointed if they don’t do them justice in any future motion picture attempts.
- My ears are double pierced, but I don’t think I’ve worn a pair in the second holes in almost 10 years.
- In college, we’d make a meal out of animal crackers and store-bought frosting, or microwave popcorn with a bag of M&M’s dumped in. Oh, to have that metabolism again!
- My go-to cosmetic is lip liner.
- I can play the piano and the flute.
- I don’t eat any type of seafood.
- I hate to spend money. (That doesn’t mean I don’t like to shop; it just means I hate the actual “paying for it” part.)
- If I could have ideal childcare, I’d more than likely go back to work. I love being in a corporate environment.
- When it comes to chocolate, the darker the better. And if it has coconut in it, it doesn’t stand a chance!
- I’d love to take dance lessons with Jim, but I don’t think he’d ever go for it.
- I’m not a great secret keeper.
- I HATE to have socks and shoes on. Barefoot is best, baby! Yes, my teenage years were sheltered!
- I would change almost everything about my wedding, except my cake, my flowers, and my groom.
- I love books by Jodi Picoult. I’m currently reading Sing You Home, and it is making me angry. That’s an unusual response for me.
- I hate to paint (like, walls in a home), unload the dishwasher, or clean tubs/showers.
- I’ve never painted my toenails anything but shades of red.
I'm surprised by a lot on your list... is the white condiment thing a color issue or coincidence?
I didn't know you were a Jodi Picoult fan, or maybe we've talked about it and I forgot. Love her books. I'm currently re-reading "Perfect Match" on C's Kindle :) Fellow salutatorian here, too ;) (even though I just had to google the correct spelling of that word, could have sworn there was a "d" in it!)
Loved your list, Mon...but really, a bad tipper? I would've never guessed that. I have never read any of the Twilight books nor have I seen the movies. But, it sure seems like they are well-liked by those who do.
I did find this list very interesting and entertaining. And, very honest...just like you.
Hope you are well, beautiful friend...
i have GOT to know Erin's middle name story!
Love Jodi Picoult too! And, I'm feeling empty and wanting after finishing the Hunger Games. Couldn't get into the Twilight Series though. Did you know Lenny Kravitz will be playing Cinna in the HG movies?
Post a Comment